Start a New Observation
Complete the steps to start a new observation with the Formative template for Scott Lansing, an 8th grade ELA teacher at Kuleana Academy.
- Choose the template for a annual assessment.
- Select the Kuleana Academy school.
- Select Scott Lansing as the educator.
- Click Start Observation.
- Set the type of observation to Formal.
- Complete the General information by entering a filter for 8th Grade.
- Select ELA as the subject.
- End the setup by clicking Save and Close.
- Very good. You may need to complete other steps as part of your initial setup, but these were the most common changes observers make when starting a new observation.
Weighted Question/Standard w/ Multiple Choices
Using a Weighted Indicator
Use a weighted rubric indicator in the Content section of the observation. Then view the final score.
- Click the observation in progress in the My Observations in Progress on the Web list.
- Click the Content Knowledge section of the observation.
- Scroll down by clicking anywhere on the page.
- Tap several categories of the rubric and finish by clicking Select All to check all of the boxes.
- We are going to skip filling out the entire observation so you can see the final score. Click anywhere on the page to view the observation after it has been submitted as final.
- Select the formal observation under My Submitted Observations.
- Click View Observation.
- Click Show Master Rubric to view the category matching the final score.
- Excellent. Now you know how to use a weighted indicator and view the final score.
© School Improvement Network, LLC All rights reserved.